The cornerstone to a healthy lifestyle is a firm dedication to exercise. Whether you are trying to slim down or build muscle, your smartphone can be a handy tool to act as your own personal trainer.
Here are three apps that can help you lead a healthier lifestyle through exercise:
- RUNKEEPER– Join the more than 17 million people who are using RunKeeper to turn their phone into a personal trainer in their pocket! Track your runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone.
- NIKE TRAINING CLUB- Provides users with the experience of having a personal trainer with more than a 100 exclusive workouts, audio trainer guidance, and rewards and bonuses. Get motivated and maximize your results with this app.
- NEXERCISE- Free fitness GPS game for weight loss, better health, strength training, points and rewards. This app is for you if your plan is to exercise, lose weight & gain motivation.
A healthy diet goes hand in hand with exercising. Your mobile device can help you make smarter choices when it comes to your diet just as well as it can help you exercise.
Here are three apps that can help you eat smarter to lead to a healthier lifestyle:
- LOSE IT!- Provides as easy way to keep track of your calorie intake from meals based on a vast library of food types. Ready to lose weight? This app can help you make your goal a reality.
- FOODUCATE- Lose weight and track your progress with this app that enables you to scan the barcode of food products while shopping and learn the nutritional value of the food you eat. Fooducate grades your food, explains what’s really inside each product, and offers healthier alternatives.
- RESTAURANT NUTRITION- Like to eat out at restaurants but having problems with picking healthy meals? This app contains nutritional information about menu items at more than 250 restaurants and enables users to track what they consume when they dine out. Contains 60,000 food items!
A solid night’s sleep is necessary to recharge your batteries and provide fuel for the following day’s activities. Your phone can enable you to catch some Zs and keep track of your sleep patterns to keep you in the know so that you can get a better night of sleep.
Here are three apps that can help you sleep better to lead a healthier lifestyle:
- SLEEP CYCLE- This intelligent alarm clock analyzes your sleep patterns and movements through an accelerometer. It wakes you during your lightest sleep cycle which is a natural way to help you wake up feeling rested and relaxed. This app has helped more than a million people wake up feeling rested and ready to take on the day!
- PZIZZ- Solve sleep problems and cure insomnia. This app aims to defeat insomnia and stay in deep sleep all night using binaural beats to put you in an ultra meditative mode that is conducive for sleep.
- DEEP SLEEP WITH ANDREW JOHNSON- This app is also good for insomniacs because it provides guided meditation and instructions for breathing to ease users into deep natural sleep. Reviews of this app claim that Andrew’s voice is deeply relaxing and has helped them fall asleep increasingly faster instead of tossing around in bed for hours.